Q&A with Ron Adams, Facilities/Outreach Pastor

12:18 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

Ron Adams has been the Facilities/Outreach Pastor for Calvary Baptist Church since June 2006 and is a vital part of Calvary Baptist Church’s ministries.  Ron resides in Grand Prairie, TX with his wife, Crystil, and their two girls.

The Adams enjoy board games, going to movies and just being silly with one another, but their favorite thing to do together is visit Disney World. When Ron isn't serving as a husband, father, or pastor he enjoys camping, sporting events, game nights, and movies.

What does a Facilities/Outreach Pastor do exactly?

I work at keeping the Church campus looking as nice and clean as possible each week so people enjoy getting involved and serving within everything taking place at Calvary. Ultimately we want people to become a fixture within our church.

I also do the planning and running of events that will reach into our community and bring people to church. Outreach events allow the people to see our church family and get to know them on a more personal level - sharing life together and serving together. Some of our outreach activities include:
  • Judgment House
  • Softball for men and coed
  • Volleyball during the summer
  • Bowling during the off years of Judgment House
For softball, volleyball and bowling we welcome and want visitors to sign up and get involved with these activities. What better way to get to know the members of our church than to get involved in the activities that are established.

What is the #1 thing you love most about being Facilities/Outreach Pastor?

Creating an atmosphere that is conducive to learning more about our Savior Jesus Christ! Plus, being able to meet and interact with the people of Calvary on a daily basis.

What is the one question you are asked most?

"Why is it so hot/cold in the sanctuary?"

What many people may not know is we have done diligent study and research, and are teaming with an energy company, to help us set temperature based on the outside temperature and humidity. By doing this, we can minimize energy costs each month. Keeping in mind some people are hot natured and some are cold natured, I do try to find a middle ground to keep everyone as comfortable as possible.

What encourages you?

First and foremost my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Secondly my family! There are times I just don't know what I would do if I didn't have my family right there encouraging me along the way!

What is one thing you wish you could help people understand?

God is sovereign! There is nothing that happens in our lives that HE doesn't allow. We could be on the highest of high mountain tops or lowest of low valleys. Whatever is going on in our lives, God put it there for a reason.

I have found in my own life that some of the most valuable lessons I've learned have come while I was in deepest of valleys. I didn't understand at the time but when God brought me through it, I could see perfectly that it was for my good and I'm a better person today because of it!

Our mission is simple: Become whole-hearted followers of Jesus Christ. The people of Calvary Baptist Church in Grand Prairie, TX seek to fulfill our mission by accomplishing these four actions: See God - To experience God in fresh ways every week. Share Life - To enjoy biblical community with our church family. Serve Others - To manifest God’s love in tangible acts of service. Stay Connected - To remain in supporting fellowship during the pains of life.